M. Jermaine Watson
law is not a fair game
Overview And Experience
failure is not an option
I am the founding shareholder of M. J. Watson & Associates, P.C. I primarily assist clients with matters related to commercial bankruptcies and creditors’ rights. Prior to founding this firm, I was an associate attorney in the Dallas office of a large Texas-based law firm for nearly five years. I have experience counseling commercial bankruptcy clients in the energy, healthcare, construction, transportation, and banking industries.
Although my practice focuses primarily on Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations and commercial litigation, I also counsel small and mid-sized companies on general corporate matters and transactions. I also represent the constituencies and interests of public and private institutions in civil and labor/employment matters before state and federal courts and administrative tribunals.
You Deserve The Best Bankruptcy Lawyer
Combined over 30 years of law experience
the key to success
Experience and Awards
SELECTED LEGAL EXPERIENCE
- Served as counsel to a multimillion-dollar healthcare company in an out-of-court distressed stock sale.
- Served as counsel to a federal agency in a complex chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Served as counsel to a chapter 11 debtor in the successful sale of a multimillion-dollar asset.
- Served as counsel to an entrepreneur in the successful discharge of over $8 million in business debts.
- Served as counsel to an entrepreneur in the successful discharge of over $1 million in business debts.
- Served as counsel to an oil and gas operating company in its chapter 11 proceeding.
- Served as counsel to a coal mining company in the successful sale of its assets in a chapter 11 proceeding.
- Served as counsel to an oil and gas services company in a chapter 11 proceeding and successfully reorganized the company to repay creditors.
- Served as counsel to an online retailer in a chapter 11 proceeding and successfully reorganized the company to repay creditors.
- J.D., University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2003)
- M.B.A., Finance, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (2003)
- B.A., cum laude, Elon University (1999)
- Judicial Law Clerk, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri (St. Louis, MO), The Honorable Kathy A. Surratt-States (2003-2007)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- State Courts of Texas
- State Courts of Missouri
- Texas Rising Star (2014)
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL/COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section
- Texas Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Council Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Missouri Bar Association
- The Dallas Business Club
- J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated, Arlington – Grand Prairie Chapter